Frequently Asked Questions and Answers



 What kind of insurance should be for applying for a residence permit and a student visa?



To apply for a residence, the Migration Services of Spain put forward their requirements for insurance coverage. Medical insurance is mandatory, covering specialists, diagnostics, emergency care, hospitalization and surgery. The policy must fully cover the above medical services, namely, be sin copago - that is, no additional payments are expected for applying for insurance.


Home insurance/ Seguro de Hogar


Home insurance in Spain guarantees coverage of losses in case of any unforeseen situations in the house/apartment, such as fire, pipe burst, gas leak, burglary and theft, and robbery outside the home. When applying for a mortgage in Spain, insurance of the purchased housing in case of flood, fire and earthquake is mandatory. Housing can be insured for the amount and term of the mortgage loan.


REPATIATION coverage in the health insurance policy.



To apply for a residence permit, the Spanish Migration Services also require that Repatriation be included. This is where a misunderstanding arises: ANY medical insurance has travel coverage outside the kingdom, where Repatriation is included, namely the return of the body to the territory of Spain. We are also asked to cover Repatriation to the historical homeland or the need to have funeral insurance coverage, whether it be cremation or burial. In this case, we are talking about the policy of Funeral services / Decesos. The cost of such insurance is relatively low and depends not only on the coverage option, but also on the age of the insured and the place of residence in Spain. Calculated individually.


Dentistry/ Seguro Dental



Seguro Dental is the name of a policy that provides access to dental services at fixed insurance prices. This is the main difference from health insurance. All Seguros health insurance products include basic Dental coverage. Children up to 14 years of age can be enrolled in Seguro dental as a separate product free of charge. For children, fillings are fully covered by insurance.


Life Insurance/Seguro de Vida



Life insurance in any insured event, whether it is an accident, natural causes or illness. In the case of a diagnosis of a fatal illness, the opportunity to receive about half of the insured amount. Separate insurance coverage in case of total disability. In the event of the death of the insured person, the heirs indicated in the policy of both Life and Accident insurance receive payments only after the inheritance is formalized and taxes are paid, in some cases this bureaucracy can drag on for six months or more.





What you need to know about car insurance in Spain?

Car insurance in Spain, as in many other countries, is mandatory. Here are a few key things you should know:

1. Compulsory insurance (Seguro Obligatorio): In Spain, all cars must have at least compulsory liability insurance (RC), which covers material and physical damage caused to third parties.

2. Additional types of insurance: In addition to compulsory insurance, you can purchase additional types of insurance, such as insurance against theft, insurance against damage to your car (CASCO), etc.

3. Insurance Premiums: The cost of insurance may vary depending on various factors such as the driver's age, driving experience, car make and model, place of residence, etc.

4. International Travel Insurance Rules: If you intend to travel outside of Spain, check with your insurance company which countries are covered by your policy and what additional measures may be required.

5. Driving Experience: To get a better insurance premium, it is important to have a good driving experience. Some insurance companies may also offer discounts for taking additional driving courses.


6. Extended Coverages: Depending on your needs and financial ability, you can choose additional insurance coverages such as driver and passenger accident protection, glass insurance, unintentional accident insurance and others.